Women’s Line offers services to women, girls and non-binary people who have experienced violence or fear of violence. We are here for you. You can call us, use our chat service or send us a letter online. It’s free and anonymous, and the women on call are trained volunteers. We also organise support groups online and face-to-face in Helsinki.
We are in the process of translating our website into English. Currently the services available in English are:
- phone service 0800 02400 on Fridays 4pm to 8pm
- online letter service
You can also leave us a feedback form if you have questions about our services. Please fill in your contact details if you'd like us to get in touch with you.
Write us an online letter
You can send us an online letter anytime.
The online letter service is for women, girls and non-binary people who have experienced violence or fear of violence, and for anyone worried about a woman, girl or non-binary person in such situation. The service is open around the lock, every day. We reply to every letter we receive.
Your letter will be replied to by a trained female volunteer. The letter is anonymous and confidential, and no one but the volunteer writing to you and the employee(s) overseeing the service can access it.
The reply to your letter will be available at most within three weeks of sending it. You can access the reply on this very same page with your access key and password. We try to reply to all the messages as soon as we can - usually in a week, give or take a few days.
- Click the "Write a new letter" button. The system will create you an access key and an access password. Write them down.
- Write your letter in the "Letter content" field. Giving your letter a title is optional.
- When you're ready, click "Send". We will write you a reply in at most 21 days, usually in about 7 days. We reply to every single letter we get.
- When you come back, you can access the response by clicking the "Read your response" button and typing in your access key and access password. The letters and responses will be automatically deleted after a year.
I have forgotten my access key or or my access password - what can I do? Don't worry, we still have your letter and the response we wrote. Write us a new online letter with a brief description of what your earlier letter was about. Any detail you mention helps us identify the correct letter. When we're sure the letters match we can post the same response to your new letter that we wrote to your original letter.
Give us feedback
Would you like to submit feedback on the service or on the response you received? Please use the feedback form below. You can submit feedback anonymously. However, if you'd like us to reply to your feedback, please leave your contact details.